- I've been breeding bulldogs for years my dogs are healthy, why should I get them tested ?
- Why aren't we using a current BVA scheme?
schemes. For instance, a recent Breed Council Survey showed that Cherry Eye was the commonest problem encountered , not hip, eye or any other hereditary condition for which there is a current BVA scheme in other breeds .
- Why was the nose roll mentioned in the standard changes ?
Veterinary sources is that skin soreness and infections come from heavy wrinkles. Not everyone finds keeping these areas clean easy and dogs are
frequently presented at the vets with soreness especially in this area . If, as breeders, we are aware of this and try to breed out a 'huge over hanging nose roll' this can improve the comfort of bulldogs throughout their lives. Commonly and mistakenly people think this new wording in the standard was for keeping the nostrils unrestricted for breathing purposes however there is no evidence to show the nose roll adversely affects breathing.
- Why are tails mentioned and the type recorded ?
- Can I use any Vet or must it be one from the Approved list ?
Please do not make Vets appointments before receiving your forms, lost in post or delayed sending out through circumstances beyond our control means that we cannot guarantee forms by return when ordered .